Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
Ralph Waldo Emerson
It always seems so much more enjoyable when you can be really engaged with what you are doing. I call it “laser-like” focus. To me, really engaged means wanting to do something, and that something feels like I am alive with involvement.
Not everything that I do is something I want to do. Life brings a plate most days of things I have to do (or think I do), things I meant to do yesterday (or should have), and the things I would love to do, if only one. So, let’s make it a meal instead of just a plate!
Planning your next day the night before is always a good habit.
Keep one agenda for one week at a time and cross off as you complete. Add the want to with the have to on the To Do list. Some people begin with using separate sides, but, whichever way you create your day(s), make it a mix of have to with want to.
Here are some ideas that can be daily or if that isn’t always possible, make a bigger splash once a week with:
- A game of golf
- A game of tennis
- Making a collage
- Reading that book for as long as you can… maybe no time schedule!
- Take a walk
- Plan a new recipe to try
- Adopt a pet (if the time and continued commitment is there)
- Take a new class in movement… move that body!
- Turn on some of your favorite music when no one is around and dance!!!!
- Sew something if you enjoy that
- Write something about something!
- Buy a new plant for indoors or out! Or just visit a nursery!
- Take a 10 minute walk in nature and just notice what you see
- There are hundreds of ideas…
Which do you most often choose? Probably, what you should and have to do. Why? Well, this is a question that you may want to think about at some time. When you are doing what you enjoy, feeling more alive and enthused about, you actually have more to give in those other “must” do, and “should” do areas. Another plus is that in the have to area, you will be more creative and may find a different view! The mix of each ingredient is important.
Start in very little steps, take some few deep and deeper breathes. This begins the mix and the most amazing things can begin to happen! I promise!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE YOUR IDEAS WITH ME, I WOULD LOVE TO SHARE THEM WITH OTHER PEOPLE THAT MAY NEED SOME NEW IDEAS! … just email me!